With Amanda Suarez
Parenting can be humbling, exhausting, and heartbreaking. It can also be the catalyst for transformation and deepening your capacity for relationships full of love, awe, joy, and connection.
Parenting coaching with Amanda Suarez, Uplift Kids co-founder, is a way to inquire into a specific parenting issue or goal with structured support. Whether you’re looking for a fresh perspective on a challenging behavior or want to make space for new ways of relating in your family, parenting coaching will help you make the small and subtle shifts that change the trajectory of your parenting journey.
Parent coaching can support you with:
- Co-Regulation: Learn how to stay calm in the chaos and help your child do the same
- Challenging Behaviors: Respond to tantrums, defiance, or other behaviors with presence and confidence
- Mindfulness and Spirituality at Home: Integrate small moments of connection, curiosity, and love into your routine
- Connection and Communication: Help your child feel safe, seen, soothed, and secure
- Positive Discipline: Set boundaries with love and respect, and decide when boundaries should be flexible or firm
- Self-Care: Practice intentionally making space for rest and creativity for yourself
Amanda is a licensed school psychologist and certified conscious parenting coach with extensive experience evaluating students, consulting with parents, and working directly with kids in a counseling setting. She has a master’s degree in school psychology and a bachelor’s degree in elementary education. She’s also completed training in the Stages Spectrum of Parenting and has worked as a mentor for a mindfulness community named Lower Lights. Amanda has four kids, ranging in age from tween to young adult.
Amanda has helped kids navigate:
- Emotional dysregulation
A session or series of sessions with Amanda can help you see your blind spots in your relationship with your kids and bring a deeper feeling of peace and joy at home. (Sessions are primarily for parents, but Amanda is also able to meet with kids who are old enough to chat via Zoom.)
- Office Hours. A one-off meeting to ask about a single specific issue. ($120 for members, $150 for nonmembers)
- Extended Session. A series of six sessions with guided practice to work through a complex issue or make progress toward a long-term parenting goal. ($110 per session for members, $150 for nonmembers)
NOTE: These appointments will be booked through the Still Point Wellness Collective, which is Amanda’s coaching practice.
What to Do Once You Request an Appointment
- Check your email for a message from Still Point Wellness Collective.
- Click Sign In.
- Accept the Terms of Service from Simple Practice, the software we use to book parent coaching appointments.
- Complete an in-take form so Amanda is informed about your situation. (This will likely take around 10 minutes.)
- Enter your credit card information. (You will not be charged until after your appointment has happened.)
Questions? Contact Amanda@UpliftKids.org or read the FAQs below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is parent coaching, and how does it differ from therapy?
Parent coaching is having a supportive guide on your parenting journey, especially when the road gets rough. While therapy aims to diagnose and treat mental health problems, coaching is designed to help you better connect with yourself and your child — and more skillfully manage specific challenges related to parenting.
What can I expect from parent coaching?
Expect personalized guidance and actionable advice specific to your goal and needs. Initially, the focus is on you — the parent — and increasing your self-awareness about the challenges you are facing. Coaching then focuses on the skills and practices that will foster deep connections with your children and lead to a more peaceful home.
How many sessions does parent coaching typically take?
The number of sessions varies depending on your goals and challenges. Some parents find benefit in just a few sessions, while others choose ongoing support. It’s all about what works best for you and your situation. Typically, it takes around 6 sessions to begin to see a shift in behaviors and patterns.
What is spiritual parenting and how can coaching help with it?
Spiritual parenting is the practice of helping your kids connect to awe, love, and purpose in their relationships with others, themselves, and the natural world. Coaching can help you explore and clarify what spirituality means to your family, as well as implement spiritual practices in a way that resonates with your family.
Can parent coaching address specific parenting challenges, like dealing with a defiant child
Definitely. Parent coaching is designed to take a curious and open posture toward specific challenges. In coaching we will explore the function of the challenging behavior — what is your child trying to communicate? We’ll also problem solve more skillful ways to address the unmet need.
Is parent coaching confidential?
Yes, parent coaching is confidential. Coaches create a safe space where you can openly discuss your concerns and challenges without fear of judgment. There are only a few legal limits to confidentiality, which can be discussed with the coach.
Can I use insurance for coaching?
Unfortunately, with rare exception insurance doesn’t cover coaching services, and Uplift Kids cannot accept insurance as a payment method.