Each lesson below is backed by the latest academic research and timeless stories from the world’s wisdom traditions.
The lessons are also flexible. Use them in a 20-minute weekly sit-down, at mealtime or bedtime, or in an impromptu moment during the day.
- Your Inner Compass: Finding Your True Self
- Lineage: Telling Family Stories
- Strengths: Finding Your Individual Purpose
- Polarities: Exploring Complementary Virtues
- Growing Up: Awareness of More and More
- Spirituality: A Direct Experience
- Timeless Wisdom: Stories From the Past
- Kindness: Looking Out For Others
- Gratitude: Appreciating What’s Present
- Compassion: Standing in Someone Else’s Shoes
- Humility: Strong Enough to Be Open
- Forgiveness: An Act of Love and Freedom
- Meditation: An Introduction to Mindful Breathing
- Mindfulness: Being Present to Whatever Is Here
- Grit: You Can Do Hard Things
- Honesty: Telling the Truth Sets You Free
- Self-Compassion: Being a Friend to Yourself
- Critical Thinking: Developing Healthy Skepticism
- Living Simply: Freedom From Too Much Stuff
- Curiosity: Asking Questions Without Judgment
- Fairness: Creating a More Just World
- Courage: Standing Up For Yourself and Others
- Play: Enjoying Life and Having Fun Together
- Practice: Finding Joy in Deliberate Improvement
- Respect: Seeing the Worth of Self and Others
- Upcoming lessons include hard work, generosity, and more.
Help your kids learn to regulate emotions and prepare for life’s toughest moments.
- Emotions: Naming Your Feelings
- Emotions, Part II: Regulating Your Feelings
- Anxiety: Finding Calm in the Chaos
- Anger: Hear What the Feeling Is Telling You
- Friendship: What Makes a Good Friend?
- Humor: Connecting Through Laughter
- Racism: Hearing People’s Stories
- Self-Advocacy: Knowing What You Need and Asking For It
- Role Models: Choosing Your Influences
- The Hero’s Journey: Growing Through Challenges
- Grief: Honoring the Process of Loss
- Shame: Breaking the Cycle
- Focus: The Power of Concentration in a Distracting World
- Purpose: Discovering What Makes You Feel Alive
- Flow: The Joy of Effortless Action
- Bullying: Learning to Be Direct and Kind
- Sexuality: An Ongoing Conversation
- Consent: Learning to Say No — and Yes
- Upcoming lessons include addiction, journaling, and more.
- Mindful Eating: Making the Most of Meal Time
- Chores: Caring For Our Space Together
- Conflict: Facing Each Other With Love
- Digital Technology: Being Fully in Your Life
- Sleep: Caring for Body and Soul
Each of these mini-lessons celebrates one or two gifts that a wisdom tradition brings to the world.
- Christianity: Parables and Contemplation
- Islam: Fasting and Service
- Hinduism: Chanting
- Buddhism: The Middle Way
- Taoism: Effortless Action
- Native American Religions: Ceremony and Ritual
- Stoicism: Finding Inner Calm
- Judaism: Keeping Tradition and Community
- Sikhism: Equality for All
- Shinto: Spirit in All Things
- Secular Humanism: Reason and Ethics
- Upcoming lessons include Confucianism, Mysticism, and more.
- Spring Equinox: A Fresh Look at Life
- St. Patrick’s Day: A Celebration of Ireland and Immigration
- Holi: A Celebration of Play, Joy, and Color
- Passover: A Reflection on Tragedy and Deliverance
- Easter: A Holiday of Renewal
- Ramadan: A Holiday of Connection
- May Day: A Festival of Spring / Workers
- Memorial Day: Reflecting on Life Lost in War
- Summer Solstice: Celebrations of Wonder and Reflections on Life
- Fall Equinox: A Time Reflect on Abundance
- Upcoming lessons include Songkran, Halloween, Christmas, and more.
Get a free lesson + weekly insights.