Sunday, November 12
From the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep, most days are filled with activity and noise. Taking a little time to be still and silent on purpose can help you notice things you might not notice in the busyness.
Try this contemplative practice to listen carefully within.
- Set a timer for three minutes (or longer if you’d like) and find a comfortable place to sit, where you are awake and relaxed.
- Take three deep breaths in and out, and gently close your eyes, if you want to.
- Choose one of the questions below and ask the question slowly and silently to yourself.
- Listen in silence for an answer, without demanding one. Notice any thoughts, feelings, or images that come to you.
- What does the best version of myself want?
- Where is my inner compass pointing me?
- Who could I be kinder to?
- What would make me happiest?
THIS WEEK’S LESSON