Monday, September 11
Do you feel comfortable asking for help when you need it?
Sometimes it’s uncomfortable to ask for help at school when you need it. Using one or more of the prompts below, try practicing in the mirror or with a family member. It will probably feel uncomfortable at first, but that’s okay! With practice it will feel easier and easier.
Pick one sentence starter below and practice how you might use it at school:
- “Can I have more time to finish this?”
- “Will you explain that again please?”
- “My friend and I keep arguing, and I’m worried it will hurt our friendship. Can you help me?”
- “Can you show me how to do that problem in a different way?”
- “I need help with _____. Is there a time you can help me?”
THIS WEEK’S LESSON