Monday, March 20
THIS WEEK’S LESSON
What do you hear right now?
Try the “Mindful Bell” activity on your own or with other family members.
- Sit comfortably so you can pay attention.
- Focus your full attention on the sound and raise your hand when the sound completely disappears.
- Using a bell you have at home, or “The Mindful Bell” (30-second video), ring a bell and wait until everyone has their hand raised.
- Repeat the steps, if desired.
For other mindfulness activities you can do as a family, try one of these games to connect everyone with what they see, hear, or feel:
- I Spy
- Simon Says
- Mystery Object: Put an object in a bag and the guesser has to identify it based only on how it feels
- Blindfolded Taste Test: Without looking, the tester tastes a small piece of food and guesses what the flavor is