Monday, March 27
THIS WEEK’S LESSON
When is it easy to be honest?
We find ourselves in situations everyday where we can choose to be honest.
Read through the following examples and rate them from 1-10 (1= difficult to be honest 10= easy to be honest)
- You’re buying candy bars at the store and the cashier only sees two but you have 3. On a scale of 1-10 how easy would it be to correct the cashier? Honesty scale number: ___
- Your friend asks you if they can copy your homework. On a scale of 1-10 how easy would it be to choose honesty? Honesty scale number: ___
- You feel like your friend has been mean to you and you feel angry with them. When they ask you if you are mad at them how easy is it to tell them how you feel? Honesty scale number: ___
- You are invited to a friend’s birthday party but another friend is not invited. The friend that was not invited asks you if you were invited. On a scale of 1-10 how easy would it be to tell them you were invited? Honesty scale number: ___
- You are playing a game and your friend is about to win unless you roll a 5 on the dice. When you roll the dice, you roll a 2 but your friend can’t see the dice and you could easily say it was a 5. How easy is it to tell the truth? Honesty scale number: ___
What do you notice about your honesty scale numbers?
- When is it easy for you to be honest? When is it hard?
- Pick one of the above situations where you found it more difficult to be honest. How would you respond with both honesty and kindness?