Friday, March 31
THIS WEEK’S LESSON
Sentence stem: “Being honest helps me…”
A school in India set up an honest shop for students. No one watches to see who takes a snack and no one is responsible for collecting payment for the items. Each student makes the choice to deposit payment into the money box or not.
- Would it be hard for you to get used to paying for snacks or gifts from the honesty shops without someone watching you or checking on you?
- What if you didn’t have money, and there was something you wanted from the shop. Would you be tempted to take it?
- What if there were things at the shop like toys or video games. Would that make it harder to be honest?
- When someone trusts you and gives you the freedom to be honest on your own, how do you feel?
- Imagine a student was hungry and didn’t have enough food at home, but didn’t have money to pay for a snack. Would it be dishonest for them to take a snack?