Sunday, April 2
THIS WEEK’S LESSON
Growing up happens so gradually, sometimes you hardly know it’s happening. Remembering challenges that you’ve already been through can help you learn to face new ones.
“Bean Time-Lapse: 25 days” (3-min video) shows the growth process from seed to sprout.
- What happens to the seed? (It breaks open and eventually falls away.)
- How does this video remind you of your own growing up?
Consider these takeaways from the videos:
- Life moves fast. Enjoy it.
- Growth is challenging. The seed breaks open, the butterfly is weak right after leaving the cocoon, the girl in the video sometimes has tears in her eyes.
- Remembering our past challenges can help us through our current ones.
- There may be times when it feels like you are not growing emotionally or spiritually — when you feel stuck. You might just be sending down roots or are figuratively cocooning for a transformation to come.
- Inner growth can happen even in stillness. We don’t see growth beneath the soil or growth in the cocoon. But without that growth, the transformation that follows wouldn’t happen.
- Like outer physical growth, inner emotional and spiritual growth takes patience.