Tuesday, June 13
When do you feel good after using a screen?
Part of growing up is being responsible for your time and tracking how much you’re doing certain activities.
So before you jump on a digital device, ask yourself:
- Did I make a deliberate decision to use technology, or did it just happen?
- Is this the right thing for my body and mind right now?
- Am I using digital technology to avoid something I need to do?
- Will this bring me closer to my friends and family?
- Am I using this technology to create something new? Or am I just consuming?
- Is this what I actually want?
If the answer is yes, then the activity is likely inline with your inner compass. If the answer is no, then you might consider doing something else with your time.
When you use technology, what are some ways you can use it in active ways?
- Use a smartphone camera to capture moments in the family
- Watch a read-aloud book online (or listen to the audio) and follow along with a physical book
- Play an interactive game to move your body
- Learn a new dance on YouTube
- Video chat or text a grandparent or cousin
Use a drawing app to create a picture
THIS WEEK’S LESSON