Tuesday, July 18
How do you know if something is true?
You will hear a lot of opinions about a lot of things in your life. How will you know which are right and which are wrong?
The best place to start is with yourself — specifically with your approach to thinking. You can use questioning along with your inner compass to know what is right for you.
Think of something you believe that you know and ask:
- How do I know this is true?
- Does anyone else see things differently than I do?
- Am I willing to hear and consider those viewpoints?
If you need some help, here are some examples of beliefs you can question:
- Is it ever okay to tell a lie?
- Is it okay to not share your toys when a friend comes over to play?
- Your friend cheats on a test at school. Should you tell the teacher or not?
THIS WEEK’S LESSON