Wednesday, March 8
THIS WEEK’S LESSON
Sentence stem: “I can show compassion by…”
We can become more compassionate by imagining how someone else might feel and deciding how to respond.
Read these scenarios and imagine a compassionate response:
- You are playing a game with your friend during recess. You win and your friend gets really upset and starts crying.
- Your sibling is riding their scooter outside and falls off. They didn’t get badly injured, but they are sad and hurt.
- At lunch you notice a new student sitting alone. They have their head down and shoulders slumped as they eat lunch.
- Your friend hates getting shots. They have a doctor’s appointment and have to get vaccinated soon and are very scared.
- Who in the situation needs compassion? How do you know?
- How could you show compassion?
- Have you ever felt like any of the people in the scenarios?