Sunday, June 4
Explain that there are many times when people have to work together, such as:
- A basketball team playing together.
- A classroom of students listening to a teacher.
- A choir singing in harmony.
- What would happen if one person hogged the ball in a basketball game?
- What would happen if one person kept talking during class?
- What would happen if one person shouted their way through a choir song?
Just as everyone has to work together to play on a basketball team or sing in a choir, everyone can pitch in to clean up a shared space.
Emphasize that you are all on the same team.
Optional Activity: Sing Improv!
If you’re up for it, try singing together to experience harmony. Invite one person to start singing a riff (such as “la la la la”) and invite each other person to join, one at a time, to form an impromptu choir. (If it sounds terrible, that’s okay — just laugh!)
THIS WEEK’S LESSON